Submissions for our New Voices category are open year round. New Voices is
open to any new and emerging author who has not published a work of
fiction or narrative nonfiction of novel length. You must not have a
novel forthcoming at the time of submission. Published short-story
collections do not count as a novel-length work and those authors are
free to submit. New Voices are published online only and will feature a number of stories from new authors each month.
We are pleased to announce we now offer payment to New Voices
authors. $0.10/word up to $200. We are thrilled to be paying for
published pieces but will be highly selective in our choices for
- New Voices submissions are open to new and emerging writers only (no novel-length published work forthcoming at the time of submission).
- We accept fiction and narrative non-fiction. We do accept a variety
of genres and styles, our only requirement is that you show excellence
in your craft. We want to be wowed. Bend genres, experiment with
structure, and write your heart out. But please, send us polished work.
Our aim is to showcase writers who we believe will continue to produce
great work. Send us only your best.
- We accept simultaneous submissions but please notify us if your work is picked up elsewhere.
- All submissions must be less than 7,000 words.
- We do accept multiple submissions.
- Please include a cover letter with your publication history