Send us your stories under 1000 words! We love a good piece of flash fiction. The winner will receive $3000, and publication in The Masters Review! Our love of flash fiction runs deep. And throughout our years of reading work by emerging writers we’ve seen some incredible pieces of small and powerful fiction. We are proud to now offer a contest dedicated solely to flash. So here it is: a home for your very best small fiction. Send us big worlds in tiny packages, large ideas with a low word count. Dazzle us with your best fiction under 1000 words.
- Winner receives $3000 and publication
- Second and third place prizes are $300 and $200 respectively
- Stories under 1000 words
- Previously unpublished stories only
- Simultaneous and multiple submissions allowed
- Emerging writers only (We are interested in offering a larger platform to new writers. Self-published writers and writers with story collections and novels with a small circulation are welcome to submit.)
- International submissions allowed
- $20 entry fee allows up to two stories - if submitting two stories, please put them both in a SINGLE document.
- Deadline: May 31, 2020
- Please no identifying information on your story
- All stories are considered for publication
- Dazzle us
- To view a list of our most commonly asked questions regarding submitting to The Masters Review, please see our FAQ page.
We don’t have any preferences topically or in terms of style. We’re simply looking for the best. We don’t define, nor are we interested in, stories identified by their genre. We do, however, consider ourselves a publication that focuses on literary fiction. Dazzle us, take chances, and be bold.
Thanks for supporting our publication, and thank you for your work.